With Schools shut, Malls closed, and most workplaces declaring work-from-home, everybody is at home. This implies the burden on Apartment Communities is more noteworthy to keep everybody safe and contain the spread of Coronavirus. Gated communities group with a high populace density are at expanded risk from the Coronavirus. Social Distancing is the main key here to end the spread of the Coronavirus. You need to keep up in any event 1 meter (3 feet) distance among yourself as well as other people, particularly any individual who is coughing or sneezing. It is essential to be prepared and make strides now than to regret later.
- India now has 1300+ affirmed cases of COVID-19 across NCR, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Telangana, Kerala, West Bengal, Ladakh additional to other region and countries.
- The incubation period is somewhere from 1-14 days from contact. Be that as it may, symptoms may not appear for as long as six days with the clueless individual remaining infectious. Symptoms incorporate shallow cough, pains, sore throat and fever. As the disease advances the individual may feel trouble in breathing.
- The virus spreads through droplet disease – if a tainted individual sneezes or coughs in your surrounding or you come into contact with contaminated surfaces.
- People who are old or have impaired immune system are at more serious risk.
- The known strategy that attempts to flatten the curve is social distancing.
- Government has announced 21-days lockdown in the whole nation to break the chain of spreading of the coronavirus.
WHO is working closely with global specialists, governments and accomplices to quickly grow scientific knowledge on this new infection and to give convenient advice on measures to ensure individuals' well-being and forestall the spread of this out-break.
Meanwhile, below are the steps communities are taking to battle against COVID-19/Coronavirus. Please adjust equivalent to applicable to your community.
Suggested safety measures for the Community Management:
- Temperature screening for all workers/guests/visitors as well as the residents.
- Hand wash at the entrance (or hand sanitize) for every incoming individuals.
- Additional cleaning down of lifts, handrails and regular surfaces with disinfectant on a 2-hourly premise.
- Close down the swimming pool, gym, parks and other normal pleasantries for a few weeks until there is no threat.
- Supply of cleanser/disinfectant to all laborers and security for their home use.
- Masks for security work force at the gate. Reduce security work force at the entryway. Gloves for the housekeeping staff.
- Educate housekeeping and security staff more about these measures.
- Help senior residents, who are remaining alone to dealing with their rations and water supplies.
- Reduce group activities for kids/guardians inside the apartment complex.
- Avoid conducting festivals, gatherings, social meetings inside the community network.
- To decrease the number of outsiders who enter the apartment community, keep the deliveries at the gate and inform the residents to collect their parcels from the gate.
- Proper sanitation ought to be followed by the garbage collectors.
- Organize talks by local/occupants doctors on preventive measures.
- If any cases are found, please help out health department experts on their examination.
- Advise everybody to not disregard any side effects and don't hesitate for a second to visit the specialist.
- Lockdown of the apartment upon detection of infection.
General Precautions for the Residents:
• Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds.
• Avoid every single social interactions in the community.
• Maintain an emergency contact list.
• Carry alcohol based hand sanitizers in your bag or pockets and use them frequently.
• Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes – to prevent transmitting the infection.
• If you need to step out of the house for provisions, once back the primary activity is thoroughly clean your hands and feet and change the garments right away.
• Regularly clean surfaces like your keyboard, mouse, work area regions, door knobs and handles, ledges, fridge handles, cell phones, toys.
• Use disinfectant with high liquor content.
• Masks are to be worn just if you have a respiratory ailment, to stop spreading the disease.
• If a family member has a cold or fever, quarantine them in a different room. Use separate towels, and so forth. Be cautious about the senior members or the elders who are immune-compromised (diabetes, and so on).
• Stop kids to head outside and mingle with others, urge them to do indoors activity, light household works, reading books and so on to keep them occupied.
• Educate your residential aides on the sensitivity around the issue and the safeguards that should be taken at their homes.
• It is the responsibility of every inhabitant as responsible citizen to secure themselves and report if there is any presume case of infection.
• Stay at home and socialize in online platforms.
Precautionary measures for security personnel and housekeeping staff:
For the well-being of security personnel who interact with countless guests, communities ought to guarantee they wear masks and have access to cleanser/water and sanitizer. Guide the security guards to maintain a distance of at least 8 feet from the visitor while addressing them. Public health authorities proposed that individuals take the staircase instead of an elevator. Request that security faculty maintain very high level of personal hygiene. Posters with awareness contents can be displayed at passageways.
Housekeeping staff can be instructed to wipe often touched surfaces, for example, door handles, taps and handrails with a disinfectant. Biometric gadgets if any, must be avoided for the situation. Insignificant staff can be given off, to limit contacts.